Saturday, March 1, 2008

My-head's-too-tired-to-think-of-a-title

Today is quite an eventful day, at least much more than yesterday. Was a little disappointed yesterday, with my dad's sudden request for me to stay home to setup the computer when it returned from the hospital. Had initially wanted to go donate blood and go to the library to return some books and finish up on Soseki's Light and Darkness.

Hence, everything was pushed forward to today. After the hassle-free donation, headed down to the National Library and satisfied myself for the next 3 hours with a book on Salvator Dali. Although his life seemed to be cast in the same mould of many other great people involved in the arts that came before him; having a good teacher at a young age, quickly superceding and getting bored of teachers and conventional methods respectively, achieving fame for talent in new techniques, going the path of eccentricity in the process, receiving enough wealth to lead an extravagant lifestyle, dying poor, and living beyond their years through their works and what they have given to their respective artistic communities. In these ways, the life of probably the greatest violinist, Niccolo Paganini comes to mind.

Whilst reading the book, a really peculiar girl came to sit next to me. Having to use the washroom, I left the book unattended, not thinking much of it. Coming back, however, I discovered a note on the next page that read:
MONKEY
HELLO~
It was a little perplexing, that someone would have the urge to call me a monkey. Giving the possible culprit a piercing stare (the same I use for strange people who type on their laptops whilst on the train, STANDING), I continued my read.

Having dinner later with my secondary school classmates, I could only eat a little bit with peculiar girl cum possible culprit before heading off.

It's been more than a year since I've met them, and though not everyone could turn up, it was fun seeing everyone again, reminiscing about the good old secondary school days through rose-tinted glasses which is always the case when looking back.

Had a pretty long dinner at Fish & Co.

Above: 8 very satisfied and innocent faces after the carnage

Headed to Cineleisure to take a neoprint (happened because the girl:guy ratio was skewed).

No comments:

Post a Comment