Friday, March 28, 2008

28/3/08

Today was an insane day, since the water everywhere was declared unsafe to drink since yesterday afternoon. Everyone was dying of thirst or massacreing the vending machines which was previously prohibited, which too ran out eventually (duh!). Somehow or the other the main instructor guy of the whole course got my name. I think it was from yesterday when I was doing my fingerprints and he saw I was an Indian under race and being an Indian too he asked the questions I've heard a million times. The matter is, he got my name anyway and I think he couldn't forget it. During morning PT he yelled at someone who was wiping his sweat off (we're not allowed to) and thought he was me when I was standing at some corner being a perfectly invisible trainee. He kinda realised it wasn't me and asked that guy's name. During the morning jog, he got some other trainee to come by my squad and ask me to run beside him which was terrible since it meant I couldn't walk or stop :( During the cool-off stretch he called me AGAIN and asked me to report at this place at 9am with some other guys from the next squad.

Turned out we were down for a film shoot for some cheesy "don't do this at home" video which basically had us pretending to trespass a school just to play soccer (I DON'T EVEN PLAY SOCCER WHY WOULD I TRESPASS ANYWHERE AT ALL?!). The nice bit was that the nice in-charge guy bought us drinks and later gave us bottles of mineral waters which made us like walking gods in the desert-ey foxtrot company. The shooting bit was alot of waiting, like 10 - 30 mins just for a 1 minute shoot or so. The crew was really nice though and everything went off smoothly (too smoothly, that it ended early). Also, got the know the 4 guys from the next squad which are really nice people :)

Apparently, the same instructor was messing around with everyone back in the company, making them fall in in their uniform and making them do PT and standing in the hot sun until the wax melted off their shoe. In the late afternoon the big rank people finally decided that it would not do to have 300 odd people doing PT and not having enough to drink and brought mineral water over which I swear almost tasted like Bailey's milkshake.

I'm kinda hoping the instructor gets some hard knock on his head sometime during the weekend that makes him forget my name (OR I WILL CHANGE MY NAME TO SOMETHING... ANYTHING), and I can go back to being the ultimate invisible policeman :/

No comments:

Post a Comment