Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Threading

Been wanting to do it for quite a while now, because I feel my eyebrows are really messy towards the sides of my face, like finer hairs growing about the main eyebrow. Bugged my sister quite a bit about bringing me threading the next time she goes, but somehow it didn't happen. She didn't really want to bring me, so I asked her to help me pluck the stray hairs. She got her tweezers and roughly 10 hairs, alot of pain, and no change to my eyebrow later, I decided to just go threading to get it done more quickly, because plucking one by one was seriously an agony. Sis gave in to my bugging and mom drove us to Clementi. Quanrung, my ever-supportive friend said she would come over and laugh at me, and thank goodness she didn't, because the people at the shop had a good laugh already. Apparently the customers fill up from the chair nearest the shop front, to give the impression that there are people in the shop. Being the only customer at that time (my sis didn't pluck), I was supposed to sit at the front seat, but the lady in the shop decided to be kind and I didn't have to.

It feels weird though, closing my eyes and lying on the chair, and feeling the thread rubbing around. I felt really really vulnerable, but soon that gave in to the massive amount of pain each time hair was pulled. Teared abit as she kept going and after a while kinda got used to it so didn't cringe my face so hard each time hair was being pulled. Idunnohowlong later I woke up from the bad dream and had hair all over my face (I COULD FEEL HAIR SNOWING ON MY FACE EACH TIME SHE YANKED). Then my eyebrow area was really red like I had some rashes or skin allergy at that area.

The price to pay for neater eyebrows. Oh yah, it was $5 well spent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment