Tuesday, February 19, 2008

HAPPY birthday to me

Birthdays have always been just-another-day affairs to me all this while. Today was extra special though, with all the wishes coming from all the wonderful people and even those who sms'ed from their ulu countries. My dad gave me a card this morning, as though I was living in another house, but it had a nice card inside. He gave me an ang pow too so I could buy my own birthday present =) Met Jason to go borders and ate Fish & Co. for the first time (suaku-ness level -1 now). After that I bought my own birthday present in the form of a fountain pen (Kevin told me I got it for 20 bucks cheaper, yay!). Got home and ate my birthday pie (a little sick of cakes so told my dad to get me a pie instead) and Quan Rung called me to sing a birthday song! She sang really fast and as usual I got the deer-caught-in-headlights feeling and didn't know what to say except thanks. I think my sis may have wondered if I just got notified of a lucky draw win after that or something, from the minute-long grin afterward.

Sometime later in the evening my mum told me there was a letter for me! Flipped it around and saw the legendary Kew address and immediately I knew who it came from (poor postman was too scared to un-deliver it when he saw the un-delivered address). THANKS FOR THE CARD QUAN RUNG EVEN THOUGH YOU HAD EXAMS AND ALL AND FOR MAKING IT COME ON TIME!

AND ALSO TO ALL OF YOU WHO MADE THIS DAY EXTRA SPECIAL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment