Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Library

Today was a darn hot day, and I finished reading my library books, leaving nothing to do for the rest of my blissful unemployment, so I decided to get down to the national library to pick up some reads. Xin Ning was online and she wanted to drop her books off and get some research done so met up at bugis. First went to La Salle because she wanted to print something. From the side, I think the school is really ugly though, like a big black square with pockmarks. The glass facades everywhere is really cool though, from the front view. I think the students there are rather esoteric though, but they're really free to be whoever they wanna be there.

Went to Muji before heading to the library. I thought they'd have really cool and exotic stationery from Japan. Was a little disappointed though, but eyeing a fountain pen and I saw one there. Xin Ning swears their exercise books are notebooks, but yeah they still look to me like plain 'ol exercise books.

After picking up some books, headed to the reference section on the 8th floor. They had a really wide range of finance books. Could sit there and read forever. First picked up a book on currency swaps but halfway through I was getting a headache and besides getting only an impression, was pretty lost. Read up abit about unit trusts which got me wondering what to do with my ang pow money and meagre savings. Thinking of going into Singapore equity funds, but I think it's still on the high side right now, and gotta have to discipline to just dump everything and not fiddle with it for a few years. Maybe going to NS will help.. maybe. Now I know where to go when I get bored during the rest of my 1 month!

No comments:

Post a Comment