Monday, February 11, 2008

No. 4 & 5

I'm now officially unemployed since work ended last tuesday, but with all the public holidays and Chinese New Year festivities, it really feels like total holidays now. With this newfound abandon, it was time to pierce my ears again! Being dissatisfied with my previous 3 due to previous reasons, I decided to get my lobe and tragus pierced again, and this time right.

With the only supporter of my piercing escapades left, planned to go today to Far East Plaza with Xin Ning to get it done, since she did a tragus pierce there before. Before that though, she was looking for a AIDS test kit, which was really funny, as we walked into the clinic and burst out laughing nonstop. The other people waiting for consultation must have been wondering what sort of sickos these 2 were, doing something like that. After getting over with the previous uncontrollable laughter, we went up to the counter and Xin Ning found it really hard to get what she wanted across, like "Umm, I'm looking for the.. (scrambles to notebook to find the name) oral test.." then I added "Yeah the AIDS kit". I wonder what it seemed like to the receptionists then. Anyway, they didn't have it available, like a consultation for the doctor had to be arranged.

Going to Far East Plaza, the shop that she did it before was missing of the auntie who did it for her, with a really young-ish girl manning the shop. Neither of us wanted to get our tragus possibly destroyed by her so after asking around 77th street, Primitive ($65 for a needle pierce, REALLY OUCH!!), we finally found a shop at B1 that would do it for us with a piercing gun. Being the gentleman I was, I let Xin Ning go first. I had quite alot of faith in the girl doing it, because she had multiple ear piercings herself, including a tragus one. Even if she had no idea how to operate the gun, knowing that she may have some sympathy left for us crazy people was mildly comforting. She was TOTALLY steady; she was even going to do it with Xin Ning standing up like 20s after we enquired. Couldn't help but ask if Xin Ning wanted a seat (because I definitely would) and everyone burst out laughing. Talked quite alot of rubbish with the girl there until I realised it was my turn. It went much smoother than my previous one, without most of that blunt force feeling. Irked me that before my lobe piercing, as she readied the gun, one of the customers asked if they had idunnowhat in black. I was ready to pay for him to be pierced while I talk to the girl nonstop. Thank goodness, in all her steadiness, she didn't reply him, did the piercing then turn around cooly and said "No, we don't" (YOU GO GIRL!).

Ate cakes from Sun Moulin outside Isetan like some tramps along the way from MRT to Isetan Scotts. This weird guy was sitting beside me mumbling to himself while we were eating.

Met Fuyong who accompanied me before Xin Ning was free, and just walked around alot as he was hunting for bags and slim jeans.

Hope the piercing(s) this time turn out well! *crosses fingers and toes*

No comments:

Post a Comment