Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Last Day of Work

Almost 2 months have come and gone really quickly, well not so quickly if I recount the many times my eyes struggled to overcome the forces of nature and staring at the watch, in disbelief that time could pass so slowly. But it has gone all the same. It's been really interesting at work, like learning how much one could come to hate eating at foodcourts, how the rush of adrenaline is at 6pm. Anyway, it's been a great bunch of people that I've worked with, even the people from office next door whom we lunch with.

Decided to get cakes today for my own farewell from Sun Moulin below Isetan Scotts. The cakes there are OISHII!~ Everyone at work agreed with me too. The green tea cake, which is supposedly their speciality, and which I didn't try, seriously looked like carpet grass or a golf course. So I must try that next time and the tiramisu and the fruit tart and the egg tart and the curry bun and the melon pan and the WHOLE SHOP!

Actually, my last day of work was meant to be tomorrow, but the cakes were so good that my manager decided that I didn't need to work tomorrow. My colleagues got me a Cross pen with my name engraved it and a card they wrote well wishes and stuff on (THANKS EVERYONE!). It's been really great working with you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment