Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bukit Batok Nature Park

Decided today was going to be a me-day and to finally exercise since next week I'll be retaking my napfa and just thinking about getting fitter is not going to make me fitter. It's been a really long while since I've cycled, the last time being with John which ended up with rain so didn't cycle much. After I got the tyres pumped, I rode to Bukit Batok Nature Park. Passed by there a gazillion times by bus but never stepped in despite my house being so nearby. Cycled in through the carpark and there was quite a few joggers about. Along a particular stretch, there were quite alot of monkeys on the path, oblivious to everything else. I was worried that a monkey would jump out from the tree and hug my face and send me flailing about and crashing. Within the park, there are several interconnected routes, some more accessible by foot rather than bike. There was a playground/fitness area where I did some chin-ups, and one of the paths led to quite a nice view of the Xiao Gui Lin which has a small lake around. There was a sign below some trees that said "Beward of falling durians" (err, okay).

There are many weird people who jog though. There was this guy who reminded me of a bull, because he tilts his head downwards when he runs. Initially I thought he was tired so he let his neck muscles relax abit, but realised he was looking through the top of his eyes. Besides Bull-Man, there was a woman who was training her soprano voice while she jogged with her dog. Her voice was pretty good, but nevertheless weird to hear someone practicing during a run.

The day probably wasn't so good for some others though, as I saw the parking attendant printing a ticket from his machine beside a coupon-less car. Tough luck :/

No comments:

Post a Comment