Sunday, March 15, 2009

hisashiburi

Went to the NAFA theatre today to catch the play: Of dreams, life, and friendship. The theatre itself brought back a lot of memories which were some of my happiest. Playing with the NAFA orchestra some 3 years back at the very same location would be something I'd lock in my heart forever. For me, it was my first public performance, but more than that, it was the peak of my love for the violin and the beauty of all the orchestral instruments coming up from around you rather than in front of you is something very special.

Back to the play! Quanrung didn't leave my ticket under a flower pot after all but sent a really sweet note with it. Seeing little people utter complicated Mandarin faster than my brain could decipher was quite humbling. I am living testimony that 'A' Level Chinese is squat. The themes of the 4 plays were pretty dark though, even despite the occasional comic relief. Anyway, the efforts of all the little people (and not so little people) shone through as they put up a convincing performance and noticed a few teary-eyed after the performance.

P.S: Quanrung, my Mandarin isn't that koyak I managed to catch most of the conversation!! *beams with pride* Glad to see you after a little more than a year =)

No comments:

Post a Comment