Sunday, January 20, 2008

"Project Work"

Followed Brian after church to his friend, Dean's house as they had a project to complete and to play Monster Hunter 2. While waiting for the last project mate to come, we quested and ran around abit on MH2. The 2 of them have played a much longer time and they're much more skilled than I. After more than an hour, the last project mate Kelvin came. Dean got a mahjong table for them to discuss the project while I sat aside to continue playing. 5 minutes into their discussion it seemed like none of them really had an idea of what to do and started calling other people and listened to this online lecture that basically said nothing. A few calls later Brian found someone from another group who did it already and who could send it to him tonight. So basically, their project ended in ~ 10 minutes and the real work began...

2nd time I played mahjong in my life and the 3 of them really seemed to know what was going on while I was just fumbling along. They knew like all the combos and what having this tile and that meant. I guess it's good to start young otherwise when you're 60 and have to play this to fit in the senior citizen's circle it's not so nice to be laughed at, then. 6 o'clock and everyone was leaving after an eventful day doing project. Kelvin rode his motorbike and I was really interested to try riding on one since I haven't. Rode pillion without a helmet for like 50m around the carpark but it was pretty thrilling. Wonder what it's like to ride at 80km/h down the expressway...

No comments:

Post a Comment