Monday, January 7, 2008

2 violins

Very nice of Bridget to invite me to her place today to play violin together. If we got the job though it would have been in really different circumstances, and probably I'd be shitting my pants because it would mean the assignment is tomorrow. Anyhow, a part of me is glad another quartet got the job so we could just play for fun today. And fun we had. First up was the Bach's concerto for 2 violin, which I exasperated my previous 2 teachers with, with my awful, non existent sense of rhythm and my reluctance to count, which makes it really difficult to follow. After much struggling and restarting, we decided to go quite alot slower and it got better. After that it was trying pieces from the book I got the other day which was for 2 violins. I think all of the pieces are from suzuki but it's really different playing it with another violin. Again I gave Bridget the hard parts to play and we covered the Humoresque, Minuet and Waltz.

She had a young student over. After his lesson we performed for him. But he didn't clap. So I'm gonna kill myself :( He can really talk though, at bullet speed too. After the lesson he asked Bridget if she could play the guitar and whether she could teach him, before remarking that was his favourite instrument (Telling your violin teacher that the guitar is your favourite instrument, go figure!). Before I got going we played Canon in D which was arranged for a quartet but I think it sounded rather nice. So that brings up the songs that we can play for weddings/funerals/anything to 4 and a half! (half because the Bach isn't really there yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment